Monday, April 20, 2009

Make it New


About a week ago (Easter Sunday), Stephanie, Matt, and I finally made our way down to the famous Rose Bowl flea market. It was a treasure trove of everything vintage, from designer clothing, to furniture. It also housed some vendors who make their own things, like Courtney Prince for example, creator of Doloris Petunia, a collection of beautiful handmade accessories. Upon seeing some of her pieces, I knew they were worth mention. She explained to me how each piece is unique because of the materials used to craft them, for example, the necklace pictured on the left may be made out of a broken pocket watch, and old brooch. You could just sit and gaze at these necklaces for a while because they are all uniquely crafted, and in a way, tell their own story. After all, everythings better with a little sentimental value, and Doloris Petunia already provides that for you.
Availible at www.dolorispetunia.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love her necklaces! I'm very jealous that you were able to meet her. Were you able to pick up any of the necklaces? I keep wondering how heavy they are...?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin