Friday, June 12, 2009

They Really Like Me!

Last night was the Substance/ Mountaineer Spring 09 awards banquet. We ate food, dispersed awards, and announced the new editors for next fall. The first set of awards were for 'Best Blog', and I am very happy to say I took first place, along with Michael's Lifestyle: Food and Wine blog . I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it :) and I am exciting to only continue to develop Haute Campus. 

I also took home second place for "Style 101", and Aldo won first place in photography for my spread in "The Rites of Spring". I've already expressed how much I love working in the journalism program and I can't wait for fall semester to bring you something even better for Substance Fall 09 (and I am also considering writing for the Mountaineer) as well as trying my hand at broadcast journalism. But for now, lets enjoy the summer! 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin