Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunnie Splurge



So it's nearly that time of year again. The frost is melting, flowers are budding, and retailers are receiving the bulk of their spring shipments. So put those boots and coat away and get into the spring of things.

Every year, as the new sunshine filters in new sunglasses are in order. Once a year around the same time I allow myself one new pair of sunglasses (this is quite possibly the only splurge I allow myself once a year). Last year was the Gucci aviators, the year before Marc Jacobs shield frames, and this year? The Ray Ban new Wayfarer (2113).

I was absolutely stoked to get these, because as much as I like the Wayfarer, every pair I've tried on has been too small for my face. These have a squarer frame than the original Wayfarer along with spring hinges to accommodate my big head. So overall? The Wayfarer 2113 in tortoiseshell, a classic, timeless, commodity. Until next spring...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin